Monday, May 25, 2015

Daily Devotional Journey Week 1 Day 1

http://bible.com/r/Oo Join me in reading No More Perfect Moms:

God calls some of us to be parents and knows that we have jealous tendencies. No matter how much time I spend getting my kids ready for school in the morning, once we get there, someone has forgotten homework or spilled something on their shirt. When I look at the child walking next to us I can't help but think, I bet his mom doesn't need sleep and wakes up and makes a warm breakfast for them and makes them cute lunches before kissing their foreheads, as they skip out the door and of to the bus stop.

Yeah I need help I know but as everyone knows, being a mom is the single most important thing in my life. The Lord has entrusted me with the beautiful lives and I am going to make sure, even if it kills me, that these three little souls will grow to know the Lord. They might not follow him in a straight line, just as I have failed to do almost every day of my life. But I want them to know one thing, the Lord will be with them wherever they go, even places I can't be (which is hard to say cause i would stalk them my whole life if I could get away with it).

When Abel brought his offering to the Lord, he was there looking for approval as well as obeying the law of the Lord and earning his favor.  When Cain killed his own brother over the jealousy, not only did he not get approval from his offering, he committed murder and sinned a most horrible sin. Now a days God seems so far away. I couldn't imagine even thinking about sinning when he was so close. Then to become jealous over a family member enough to kill them. The first murder ever?

Jealousy can ruin just about any relationship. You can be six years old and your best friend gets a new pink bike, or sixteen and your best friend gets a date with your crush. You could be thirty and someone else get the position you work so hard for at work, or eight years old and you see the lady in the room next to you at the retirement home can still walk in dress shoes while you wear orthopedic white tennis shoes.

I'm my marriage right now I get jealous of my husband who comes home from would and sits on his but and doesn't lift a finger to help me with dinner, homework, showers or the dog. Just cause he makes more money then I do and work outside in the elements. Then falls asleep so fast that once I finally get in bed, he is snoring so loud it takes me extra time to go to sleep. But all that is for another conversation.

So tomorrow as I go through my day I will pray for the Lord to give me his eyes and let me see me as he does. Let me see the hard working mom who, with all his glory and grace, has made great young men out of the the babies he gave me.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment