Friday, December 10, 2010

30 Day Challenge - Day 4

Day 4-Your parents
Dick and Debbie Pitre. What could I not say about my parents! Oh man I can be here all night...so Ill just summerize!

Dick Pitre was born in New Orleans in July of 1954. The 3rd son out of 9 kids for my grandma and grandpa Pitre. He lived in Luling until he turned l7 and then traveled around the country until he turned 18 in Wisconson and joined the Army. He went to Germany where he spend time until he came home for leave and went to a Watson wedding, where he saw...from across the room....Deborah Watson! Younger sister of the man getting married! Dick had grew up with Debbie, he remembered her from school. He walked up to Jimmy Watson and said...I am going to marry your sister. Naturally my uncle said "Over my dead body!"

Deborah Waston was born in New Orleans and lived in Luling and Mississippi. She was the oldest girl of 9 kids for my grandma and grandpa Watson. She grew up in the local church and helped raise her younger brothers and sisters as well as being an excelled student. Fresh out of high school she got engaged to a boyfriend (man I forget his name, not that it is important anyways!)

Little did Dick know that Debbie was engaged to be married to another man. But he was weird, so Dad interviened a little bit and before he left he became Debbie's penpal! For 9 months they wrote to each other as he returned to Germany. Upon his arrival back to the states, ending his term in the millitary, he came back to Luling and married Debbie!

A couple years later my sister was born, three or four years later Dad got a job in Tennessee where my grandparents (Watsons) moved to, and they moved. I was born in Tennessee and then when I was about one, we moved back to St. Charles Parish, enjoying their grandbabies; where we have been ever since!

3 comments:

  1. cute story! but when did mom ditch the other guy? haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the same time my dad was down for the wedding....like the next day or something....they say that he came to the house with the bill for the rings and wanted mom to pay for them and dad told him he was crazy and to get the hell out of there...and then he ripped up the bill in the dudes face or something...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok so I just found out that all these years I had it wrong. So the way my dad always told the story was to his advantage, but mom just informed me that her fiance was dying. He was sick and she called off the engagement because she was basically going to be a widdow before they got married. And he understood!

    ReplyDelete